1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

planning for laptops in FS

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by nearly qualified, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Hi
    Our ICT co-ordinator is expecting me to hand in plans for using laptops in my FS class (I have just started to use them in Spring) I only bring 2 laptops to the class each time as the children have access to computer through CP all the time and it would not be manageable (or EYFS friendly) to have them all sat at a laptop fo a specific 'lesson'
    I always have an adult sat with them but have so far only focussed on the skills of turning them on and off and letting them have a quick go with a paint programme - sounds quite boring I know but we have a big issue in school with them not being shut down properly so I thought start as I mean to go on with my class.
    Problem is, I am not actually doing any specific planning for it as I do not know where to get objectives from (other than the broad ICT objetive from EYFS) - can anyone guide me in the right direction please?
    Thanks x

2. Hi
    Our ICT co-ordinator is expecting me to hand in plans for using laptops in my FS class (I have just started to use them in Spring) I only bring 2 laptops to the class each time as the children have access to computer through CP all the time and it would not be manageable (or EYFS friendly) to have them all sat at a laptop fo a specific 'lesson'
    I always have an adult sat with them but have so far only focussed on the skills of turning them on and off and letting them have a quick go with a paint programme - sounds quite boring I know but we have a big issue in school with them not being shut down properly so I thought start as I mean to go on with my class.
    Problem is, I am not actually doing any specific planning for it as I do not know where to get objectives from (other than the broad ICT objetive from EYFS) - can anyone guide me in the right direction please?
    Thanks x