1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

planning for early years foundation stage

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by farishta101, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Hi everyone. I don't know if this topic has already been discussed, but I really need some help.
    I'm a level 3 teaching assistant who has mainly worked with older primary school children. All the work I have done has been planned already by the class teacher. I HAVE NEVER DONE A DAY'S PLANNING IN MY LIFE. I'm so stressed, I've been asked by the Head of the new school I'm working at, that he requires me to plan for the children in pre-school.
    I've been looking online for advice on a step by step guide to planning using the EYFS framework, but can't find anything useful. I just need help with linking the curriculum with activities. For example when planning for the week, do you cover all six areas of the EYFS framework.
    What I would love from you guys would be like a template/sample of a week of planning for pre school aged children so that I can see how you link it with the curriculum. But any help will be much appreciated.
    Thank you for spending time reading this post and answering my query.

2. Hi everyone. I don't know if this topic has already been discussed, but I really need some help.
    I'm a level 3 teaching assistant who has mainly worked with older primary school children. All the work I have done has been planned already by the class teacher. I HAVE NEVER DONE A DAY'S PLANNING IN MY LIFE. I'm so stressed, I've been asked by the Head of the new school I'm working at, that he requires me to plan for the children in pre-school.
    I've been looking online for advice on a step by step guide to planning using the EYFS framework, but can't find anything useful. I just need help with linking the curriculum with activities. For example when planning for the week, do you cover all six areas of the EYFS framework.
    What I would love from you guys would be like a template/sample of a week of planning for pre school aged children so that I can see how you link it with the curriculum. But any help will be much appreciated.
    Thank you for spending time reading this post and answering my query.

3. sparkleshine

sparkleshine New commenter

Hi,
    Might I suggest you post this in one of the other forums, such as the ones for student teachers or early years?
    The people here are mainly people applying to become teachers so they may not be able to give you advice.

4. Hi,

I teach Reception children so it might be a little different to Pre-School as we have to participate in whole school things like assembly and break times, but I have my specific focussed activities planned on one document with objectives and adult direction for Literacy, Numeracy, KUW and CD and one PE lesson a week. I then have a Continuous + Enhanced Provision plan for all the areas of the classroom which have objectives linked to them so that all adults can go and extend the children's learning whilst they are "playing".

I find that this links all 6 areas in nicely and I'm getting my focussed Adult Led activities in too.

I'll send you a copy if you fancy?

Maddie

5. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

Each school will have its own planning format, so your best bet is to ask the class teacher if you can have a blank copy of the school's planning format, or even better, if you can see an example of his/her planning. Don't struggle alone - people will be happy to help if you ask, but they won't realise what help you need unless you speak up.

6. hi Maddie i hope you can help me I haven't planned for Reception for a long time. Please could you tell me if you use the Early Years Developmental Matters to plan or are you using the early learning goals. Thanks Shamim

7. M H

M H

Hi Maddie
    I have Nursery (mornings only) and Reception. I 've just looked at you post and wondered if you could send me a copy of your planning. I would really appreciate it! Thanks in anticipation
    M H