1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Planning for Children with SEN.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sara2323, Apr 18, 2012.

1. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

I have three children with SEN in my year 2 class. They have started to write a few words and sometimes a sentence with lots of support, but almost every lesson either myself or the TA needs to sit with them. They need constant encouragement to stay on task. They have had independent activities such as matching words to pictures, arranging cut up sentences but I am running out of ideas on how to link them to the lesson. I do feel we both could be extending other groups' learning as they don't get as much support. These three children also have numeracy and literacy interventions.
    The children have fantastic ideas, can answer comprehension questions etc but have difficulty when producing written work.What sort of activities do you plan for children with SEN, especially in literacy?

2. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

I have three children with SEN in my year 2 class. They have started to write a few words and sometimes a sentence with lots of support, but almost every lesson either myself or the TA needs to sit with them. They need constant encouragement to stay on task. They have had independent activities such as matching words to pictures, arranging cut up sentences but I am running out of ideas on how to link them to the lesson. I do feel we both could be extending other groups' learning as they don't get as much support. These three children also have numeracy and literacy interventions.
    The children have fantastic ideas, can answer comprehension questions etc but have difficulty when producing written work.What sort of activities do you plan for children with SEN, especially in literacy?