1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Planning for a composite class P4 and P5 - CfE

Discussion in 'Scotland - curriculum' started by aislingb28, Jul 6, 2017.

1. aislingb28

aislingb28 New commenter

Hi there, hope you are all well and having a nice summer. I am on my probationer year and looking for some guidance with planning for my class in August. Not feeling as prepared as I could be, a lot of learning will be done this year on my part. Would love any information on the main areas of learning for these ages, topics that engage both, a class novel that could work, basically anything that you believe would assist me in helping them all to be amazing :-D Thank you in advance. P.S. A termly/monthly overview planner would be SUPER!

2. bonxie

bonxie Senior commenter

Does your school have a rolling programme of topics usually done with this age group? If so, they will have some planning to go with it. You can adapt that once you get to know the children. If you can get hold of a list of topics to be taught this year, folk on here may be able to help you with planning for them. You'll probably find the school has schemes to help with the planning for certain subjects, e.g. for maths.