1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Planning expectations

Discussion in 'Primary' started by katiehatie, Aug 27, 2011.

1. As I have mentioned in another topic I am an NQT starting a last minute job offer of a 0.4 temporary post, I have not been told anything about the planning expectations for the school so I am not really sure if I should be producing detailed lesson plans/termly/unit plans or what really. I am teaching 4 diff year groups over 2 days for mainly PSHE and ICT. SO my question is what kind of planning would you think they would expect from me for this??

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I would think the same sort of planning that you would do for any of the foundation subjects. You would be best to ask the head what they want really rather than second guessing. In the meantime if you look at the link I gave you before to Tower Hamlets and go through to the lesson plans I would have thought for ICT you could follow this sort of format for your first lessons at least:
    http://www.digitalbrain.com/lgfl/leas/tower-hamlets/accounts/THe%20Grid/ict/web/New%20Scheme%20of%20Work/Tower%20Hamlets%20DRAFT%20Primary%20ICT%20Scheme%20of%20Work%20FINAL%20complete%20.pdf

3. You really need to ask your head or whoever your line manager will be - every school is different. I can tell you what my head would expect to see but you aren't working for my head!
    Your school may have units/medium term plans in place which you can adapt your planning from.
    I would say a priority is to find out what the children should be learning and then write a plan from there that enables you to teach - if you then find out your school has a particular format then you should able to edit your plan to fit that format.
    Good luck with the job.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Agree with all the other posters, you really need to plan in the format required by your school. So until then. . try to think of some MTP plans which you can then put into the required format.
    What do you want to have as your first expected outcomes? Which areas of learning (in ICT & PSHE) will you be starting with? How will you assess what the children already know at the beginning of the unit? Which ICT programmes do you want to use-then check if school has them installed. How will you ensure progression across the year groups? Those type of questions.