1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Planning Euro train holiday for 2020/2021...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by slingshotsally, Apr 6, 2017.

1. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

@gargs

I did try to drive in Spain on the other side of the road, but had a panic attack that left me sweating and hyperventilating. I can't go through that again.

gargs likes this.
  2. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

slingshotsally likes this.
  3. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

I've looked into this - I want to get to the South of France and can't really be bothered driving all that way. The train fares aren't too bad in France and the TGV is very impressive.

frangipani123 and slingshotsally like this.
  4. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

That sounds really lovely.

I've decided that I might need to do the trip a year early having read @FrankWolley post.

Perhaps even reduce the trip from 5 to 3 weeks.... It will be much more complex and expensive after Brexit to organise travel with visa required.

5. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

3 weeks is still a long time so you should get lots done. I do like the idea of taking the train somewhere - but then I think I'd hire a car when I got somewhere as relying on public transport with children on holiday all the time might be stressful.

frangipani123 and slingshotsally like this.