1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Planning clarification

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Crownie13, May 22, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am a PGCE student and just wanted to be clear on planning in KS1.
    Obviously you have your long term plans and medium term plans. I have been doing individual plans but for this placement want to move on to the next step...so would this be daily plans (detailed)?. If so, would these need to be used alongside a detailed weekly plan, or just alongside a weekly overview/timetable. I am then pressuming once confident with daily plans, the next step would be detailed weekly plans...which is the minimum requirement?

Hope this makes sense!
    Thankyou

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

My final PGCE students do detailed weekly plans. One for maths, one for English and one for everything else. They then do a detailed individual plan for all observed lessons or any that they don't feel fully confident teaching.

They teach far too many lessons to be doing individual plans for every lesson. They work with the classteacher to a point and plan in the same way we as a school do.