1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Planning and assessment task.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by pumpkinpilot, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Hi hope you are enjoying the half term.
    I have been invited to an interview for a teaching position and have been notified that I will be required to teach for an hour but additionally complete a "planning and asessment task".
    Has anyone had to complete one of these before? Does anyone know what it involves?

Cheers,

A

2. Hi hope you are enjoying the half term.
    I have been invited to an interview for a teaching position and have been notified that I will be required to teach for an hour but additionally complete a "planning and asessment task".
    Has anyone had to complete one of these before? Does anyone know what it involves?

Cheers,

A

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

It's unlikely anyone will come up with the same experience as the task you'll be set at your particular school.
    But I've seen a lot of people say they were asked to to some medium term planning on a specific topic, some were asked to do short term planning, whilst others got asked to indicate on their planning how they would assess the children's learning and progress.
    Then again, other candidates have been given samples of children's work and asked to assess it.

4. Thanks for this Middlemarch, very useful!