1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Planning and Assessing Guidead Reading (Y2)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by impulce, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I just wondered if anybody could explain how they plan for and assess their guided reading sessions. We currently rather shamefully have little paperwork for guided reading... I tend to pick out a book, do the guided read, and ask questions with one of the AFs in mind - then I jot post-it notes down to assess their responses and understanding
    But with Ofsted due and a big emphasis on reading, I want to get my planning and assessment up to scratch. Does anyone have a good system that they could share (an example planning sheet would be even better!) I teach Year 2.
    Thankyou in advance!

2. Hi,
    I just wondered if anybody could explain how they plan for and assess their guided reading sessions. We currently rather shamefully have little paperwork for guided reading... I tend to pick out a book, do the guided read, and ask questions with one of the AFs in mind - then I jot post-it notes down to assess their responses and understanding
    But with Ofsted due and a big emphasis on reading, I want to get my planning and assessment up to scratch. Does anyone have a good system that they could share (an example planning sheet would be even better!) I teach Year 2.
    Thankyou in advance!