1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Planning advice for job share

Discussion in 'Part-time and job share' started by MOfan, Oct 19, 2017.

1. MOfan

MOfan New commenter

Hi,
    I've been doing long-term supply in a small primary school on a job share basis. They want to offer me a fixed term contract until the summer. Up until now, the planning has been divided between 6 teachers (across 2 schools that are federated) and we've been emailing the planning to each other (4 of us are part time). Unfortunately one teacher has not been doing her fair share so now the system has collapsed. I'm going to have a meeting with the head teacher tomorrow about the planning situation. I will be employed to work 3 days in a job share role so I know that I should only be doing 60% of the planning etc. But in reality, what does this look like?

The person who I'm job sharing with teaches 2 days in each school so effectively she has 2 job share roles. I think she is struggling to cope with this so I am expecting the head teacher to ask me to also plan Thursday's lessons in order to make the transition smoother for my job share partner. But they can't expect me to do that, can they?