1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

planning activities

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by chocolateworshipper, Feb 17, 2012.

1. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

The trouble is that the more you do for free, the more they expect. I know a TA who works in a school where ALL staff get admin time EVERY week (equivalent to PPA time, but not called that for TAs) - so it IS possible! Good luck with getting it fixed x

2. thank you all for your replies, and i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks i shouldn't be doing it, as for the teachers they just do the planning for the lesson ( reception) my teacher plans for focuses and her group time and that it, this is my second year and no the person before didn't do, when i first started the other ta, nursery nurse and myself use to do the planning together but as i said we now do it on our own, the other tas up the school don't do any planning just us in foundation i'm just hoping the head puts me somewhere else next year!!!!!