1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Planning a trip to Paris and Parc Asterix

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by rathbone1, Jan 24, 2011.

1. I wondered if anyone had any trip ideas for taking a group of Year 8 pupils for 3 or 4 nights to France. We are looking at the possibilities of going to Parc Asterix with a day in Paris. This means we would need at least one or two other day trip ideas. Is there anything with a war connection nearby? Have you any accommodation ideas. Look forward to hearing from you

2. I wondered if anyone had any trip ideas for taking a group of Year 8 pupils for 3 or 4 nights to France. We are looking at the possibilities of going to Parc Asterix with a day in Paris. This means we would need at least one or two other day trip ideas. Is there anything with a war connection nearby? Have you any accommodation ideas. Look forward to hearing from you

3. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

I'm taking a trip to Paris in July, identical to our 2009 trip - a day in Parc Asterix, a day in Paris (Stade de France, Seine boat trip, Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe) and a day in Fontainebleau (Sunday Market & shopping, then afternoon in the castle - free to school groups). For a war connection you could stop off at Vimy Ridge near Arras on the way from Calais, they have some great trenches and tunnels to look round, although it's a long time since I visited. We are staying in a centre to the North of Paris, a CPCV centre, although there are others in the region, I believe. Last time we stayed in a YMCA-affiliated centre, CIS Le Rocheton, near to Fontainebleau. I've looked at Youth Hostels in the past, but you need to think about the sort of area you'd want to be in - some of them don't have anywhere to let off steam in the evenings, like outdoor play areas.
    C

4. We went to parc Asterix last year (40 x Year 10) - it's great, a good mix of rides & French culture! The tour of the stade de France is excellent. We also went to la Defense and the parc de la Villette, and other sites mentioned above. You probably know you can get cheap metro tickets if you want to leave the coach behind - an experience in itself!