1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Plan of Action from TES regarding authors royalties

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by MissEHoney, Mar 23, 2020.

1. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

Hi @tesAuthorTeam ,

This is obviously a VERY turbulent time for everyone, especially for self employed authors like myself. I am unable to claim any benefits and I have sold £24 in the last week, where I would have expected a LOT more from this point in the year. As you can understand I'm a bit concerned about the lack of sales over the next few months and the impact that this may have on my royalties status (I'd imagine other authors may be in a similar position).

I think authors that are in the same position as myself would appreciate if you could advise us on your plan of action to mitigate the effect of this on us in that regard. For example you could lower the threshold for gold/silver/bronze earnings for the duration of this crisis. I'm sure all authors would appreciate something like this. Considering you've told all authors to make all Coronavirus resources free in order to help you to support teachers, It would be nice if we as authors got some support. Especially as for some of us we are self employed and resources are our only income.

Many thanks in advance.

2. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

3. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter