1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Plagiarism?

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by Adasgupta, Sep 15, 2016.

1. TES Resource Team

TES Resource Team Occasional commenter Institute Enrolment Advisor

If you notice a resource infringing copyright, please let us know using the “report a problem” button which can be found underneath the file list on each resource page. We operate a takedown policy (https://www.tes.com/us/takedown-policy) and will review all resources reported to check they meet site terms and conditions.

For more information and tips please see the Copyright FAQs.

mathsmutt likes this.
  2. Owen134866

Owen134866 New commenter

I just found a resource which was being charged for which used some of a free resource that had been uploaded. I clicked the 'Report a problem' button and was greeted with a 'Untitled page' each time. Any idea what the problem is?

3. Owen134866

Owen134866 New commenter

mathsmutt likes this.
  4. richardtock

richardtock New commenter

Surely if one resource has been plagiarised completely (I have seen this recently were a pixi maths free resource was uploaded by someone and charged for) than the account that did it should be blocked completely

5. Owen134866

Owen134866 New commenter

I agree, if a resource has been plagiarised then account responsible should be completely blocked and all resources removed from it. Otherwise members of the community have to check everything individually which isn't a good use of our time.

As it stands the one I linked has had the specific things that I knew of removed, but I'm pretty sure the rest will have been plagiarised too. Any thoughts @TES Resource Team ?

mathsmutt, marlin and Krazikas like this.
  6. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Oh my. Just browsing through resources and so many copyright infringements. And thats just from looking at the cover pages. Have to say most are previously free resources that rather unfairly were able to be converted to premium (with reviews intact). If I could be bothered I'd inform TES about them, but that would be a full time job. I have several popular free resources, but would never convert to premium as I know images I've used are not in public domain. Tut, tut. There may be trouble ahead...

mathsmutt likes this.
  7. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

In fact if you browse through the first 20+ pages on resource page, the vast majority are previously free resources. I've informed tes of this and the fact it is unfair to other authors. Unfortunately, they aren't going to do anything about it...

mathsmutt likes this.
  8. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

As a children's poet I am concerned about this sort of thing, but I do hold the copyright on every piece of work I've written and come down hard on anyone who has no respect for copyright. Children also should be taught at any early age the importance of copyright and what it means. Plagiarism is quite serious.

mathsmutt likes this.