1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Plagiarism?

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by Adasgupta, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Adasgupta

Adasgupta New commenter

Hi I am posting because I've noticed this user: Kaitheman9898 reposting a lot of things that other people have posted for free, but charging for them. I wasn't sure where else to post.

mathsmutt, blowswind and Owen134866 like this.
  2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@tesAuthorTeam
    Please see the post above.

@Adasgupta
    You can use the report button on any resources that you know are the work of others.

mathsmutt likes this.
  3. Owen134866

Owen134866 New commenter

Thanks for posting this, I found one of my free resources that he had copied as well. I think it would be good to have some kind of 'report copied resource' button. At the moment the only way I have found it to email TES directly.

4. GoGoTeacherArms

GoGoTeacherArms Occasional commenter

I may be being melodramtic here, but isn't what he is doing actually illegal? Plagiarism makes me so angry...

Owen134866 likes this.
  5. blowswind

blowswind Occasional commenter

I highlighted this user a few days ago but the moderators chose not to publish my post. No doubt they will choose not to publish this one either! Not a good sign when more effort is given to censoring reporting than dealing with theft. I emailed TES directly too, so no excuse.

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/ks2-sats-maths-revision-themed-11367546

This resource even states that it has been taken from somebody else. In fact it has been stolen from another user on TES. Even the description has been copy and pasted.

6. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

They are also selling resources freely available on other websites-the year 6 SPAG underground map being a good case in point, again using the original author's description

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter

8. marlin

marlin Star commenter

9. marlin

marlin Star commenter

10. marlin

marlin Star commenter

11. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

That's outrageous and so obvious with some of their resources

mathsmutt and cate_h like this.
  12. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Oh dear. Shameless behaviour. And yet TES have not shut him down. Gonna see a lot of this sort of thing I fear.

13. marlin

marlin Star commenter

14. marlin

marlin Star commenter

15. marlin

marlin Star commenter

16. marlin

marlin Star commenter

mathsmutt likes this.
  17. marlin

marlin Star commenter

18. Owen134866

Owen134866 New commenter

I do think they need someone to be in charge of checking paid resources when they're uploaded. Like they should have to be approved before they are available for purchase.

mathsmutt likes this.
  19. CurriculumForAutism

CurriculumForAutism Occasional commenter

A "report copyright infringement" button (as used on ***) on every resource page would make it easier to report people who are stealing others' resources.

sue.ellis, mathsmutt and Owen134866 like this.
  20. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Quite a big job, but I agree, even if it means there is a delay before resources are made available.

mathsmutt and Owen134866 like this.