1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Placements at school for own children

Discussion in 'Primary' started by geordiepip, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Someone has told me that your own children will get a placement/priority at a school you work at - does anyone know if this is correct? She said she was told from someone else and wasnt 100% that this is now or happening soon?
    I'm asking as I currently work as a TA and its hugely inconvenient to not have my eldest daughter start (which she is this Sept) at my school (as I travel some distance to work so she isnt in their catchment). If I could get her in my school then it would be so much easier. On a TA wage its difficult to now contemplate having to pay a childminder to take her to and pick her up from school (as her catchment school also dont do breakfast or after school clubs!).
    The school I work already has a lengthy waiting list as its one of the best in the area.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.