1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Placement problem

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by rsc12, Oct 6, 2019.

1. rsc12

rsc12 New commenter

Hi everyone

I'm currently undertaking my PGCE in English at UEL, loving the course but having a little wobble. I was due to begin my placement Wednesday of this week but on Monday my placement school got in touch and said that they wouldn't be able to take a student any more. I know these things happen but I haven't heard anything about getting a placement and I'm scared of falling behind, does anyone have any experience of this happening and managing to keep up? It's so disheartening being sat at home while everyone else on my course is in school!

2. PGCE_tutor

PGCE_tutor New commenter

Hi rsc
    It happens all the time. Your uni will be working like mad behind the scenes to find you another school.
    When this happens at our place I email the affected students daily with updates. If you don't hear anything tomorrow get in touch with whoever's in charge of placements and ask for an update. It's frustrating and as you say disheartening. But I bet there's plenty of reading you can be doing to get ahead with your assignments. You won't fall behind - almost everyone loses a day or three across the year for various reasons.

rsc12 likes this.