1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Placement letter

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by leedslover4evr, Sep 9, 2019.

1. leedslover4evr

leedslover4evr New commenter

I am about to start my level 2 TA course and need to find a placement. Can anyone help or give advice to help me with writing a letter to ask for a placement? Thanks

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Hi leedslover, I'm sure you're excited about starting your course! Keep your letter shortish and to the point - no more than one side of A4. Say where you are studying and explain what you need - how many hours per week, how many weeks you will need and what age group - be as flexible as you can. You need just one or two sentences about your education, qualifications and any previous jobs. Give details of any TA relevant experience you have - your own children, volunteering, running a Brownie pack, etc. It also wouldn't hurt to say you have looked at the school website and are really impressed and interested in the choir/school garden/football team … shows you are keen and have taken the trouble to do some research.
    Best of luck!