1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Placement issues

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by London470, Sep 15, 2020.

1. London470

London470 New commenter

I am on my second year of my TA course. I have been contacting schools for a placement which most have said no due to covid which is understandable. Some schools have expressed interest but have not confirmed in writing. My previous placement have contacted me saying they can arrange a placement. Am I best to go back to where I was before? I know the school, staff, children and policies and procedures. I'm concerned if I turn it down the other schools may not follow through.

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Hi London470, welcome to TES. In view of the current very unstable situation, if your previous placement school are happy for you to go back, then I would accept. Ideally, I know it would be nice to have experience of different schools - but if you were happy there, I would definitely take it. Perhaps you could be in another year group this time? Best of luck with completing the course.

3. London470

London470 New commenter

I have got myself into a mess. I contacted my old school agreeing to go back as I was getting no response from other schools. Shortly after one of the new school's has since sent sent me a link to complete a DBS check and a start date at the school. I would like to experience another school but don't want to be messing people around so I don't know what to do.

4. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Don't panic. Decide which of the schools you really want to complete your placement at and contact them to accept and do whatever you need to. Then email the other school - just explain the situation, thank them for their interest in you and be very apologetic. Do it today - you will feel better when you've got it sorted - then enjoy your weekend.