1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Place you put your chair under

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Oldgit61, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Good clear out or expansion? Just wondered....

2. ian60

ian60 New commenter

Touch my mess, I'll punch your face.

If that helps.

3. so a chair goes under a desk so you must mean the DES School in Dubai yes?

oops name of school revealed so it's over to PMs!

4. momentofclarity

momentofclarity New commenter

School had a similar number of posting last year. Just a school with high turnover, nothing unique in that city.

5. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

Not necessarily so.....
    High School is currently under new management I believe, and therefore developing, along with the usual number of replacement.
    Primary has few adverts - so whats the problem?
    Does Ian60 work there? I don't think so.

6. any info please? - was about to apply but now i am wondering - is it a Dubai school to steer clear of?! any info gratefully appreciated - searched this forums and nothing of particular juicy interest popped up! Thank you B :)[​IMG]

7. one of the best schools in Dubai as far as I know.

8. Ian60 does not even live/work in that country.

• I wouldn't say one of the best schools but definitely not one to avoid. The high turnover is not uncommon in Dubai at all. Teachers work hard there (as opposed to some other schools in Dubai where they get away with murder) but get adequately compensated for it. Good luck in your application if you decide to go for it[​IMG]

9. ian60

ian60 New commenter

Hmm, my post does seem a little incongruous with the rest of the posts on this thread, let's just say I didn't quite understand the slightly cryptic nature of the title of the thread.
    I'll be toddling along now.

10. Was recommended to me by former colleagues. Apparently could do worse.

11. has anyone heard anything from them post closing date of 9th Dec? - calls for intervews? Thanks [​IMG]