1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pixl Curve Eduqas

Discussion in 'English' started by lovely_lorz, Sep 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. lovely_lorz

lovely_lorz New commenter

Hi all,
    We've been analysing our Pixl Curve results over this weekend and they seem to be so generous. We have had 9 students achieve grade 9 which just seems completely unrealistic at this stage.
    Has anyone else found this? Are you using and believing this data? I don't know whether to apply our own lower grade boundaries to it and distribute these to students instead? I'm feeling really stressed that we have no idea at all where the grade boundaries will be and therefore what standard we need to achieve for each grade.

We achieved 57% 9-5 based on Pixl grade boundaries but when I applied our own boundaries (which are almost identical % wise to the AQA ones somebody posted on an earlier thread) they drop to 14% 9-5.

Aaaagh! So stressed!!
    LL xx

2. install

install Star commenter

Safer to go with the lower predictions - then if all comes up roses you can celebrate.