1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pity we can't have a vote of no confidence in CfE, SNP & dear old Mike

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by Freddie92, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Freddie92

Freddie92 New commenter

I believe the vest majority believe CfE is NOT fit for purpose and indeed the SNP's poor implementation has been really amateurish. Vague experiences & outcomes and indeed starting courses without knowing what is to be assessed! And Mikey Russell is like Chemical Ali... denying that American tanks are behind him!

2. Freddie92

Freddie92 New commenter

I believe the vest majority believe CfE is NOT fit for purpose and indeed the SNP's poor implementation has been really amateurish. Vague experiences & outcomes and indeed starting courses without knowing what is to be assessed! And Mikey Russell is like Chemical Ali... denying that American tanks are behind him!

3. Will still vote for SNP regardless of the CfE issue. The benefits of getting away from England outweigh the limitations of CfE. CfE can be fixed along the way. I personally cannot take another few years of Westminster rule, where everything we do is for the benefit of "the city".

4. davieee

davieee Occasional commenter

there's a chance in May at the local authority elections

5. halfajack

halfajack Occasional commenter

I believe that too but we have not evidence as nobody is brave enough to step forward and ask for Mike Russell's 'support.' Everyone *** about it but nobody actually does anything real - apart from East Ren (good on them).

6. halfajack

halfajack Occasional commenter

Not really. Labour hold majority of local authority areas as it is (I think). If that remains the same it won't really send a message that people are unhappy with the implementation of CfE.

7. davieee

davieee Occasional commenter

In actual fact there is. The SNP did rather well at the Holyrood elections last year and are hopeful to do well again this year. Bearing in mind that turnout for local elections is around 25%, so if 50,000 teachers decide to make it an issue then there is an opportunity to give them a bloody nose.