1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pirate visit - help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by JessT, Sep 24, 2008.

1. My topic for Y1 next term is Pirates. However, I am struggling to find a suitable trip to go with it. Has anyone done this topic before? Where did you go? I am also considering having a drama group visit us to work with us linked to the topic. Does anyone know any suitable drama groups or productions in the spring term related to pirates?

The visit needs to be no more than an hour away from Sheffield (A lot less if possible!)

Thanks in advance :)

2. Wow, this is an old message - so sorry JessT didn't get any replies...
    I'm having the same problem now, same topic (Pirates), Year 1 class, I would prefer to take my class on a trip out, in or around Hertfordshire - would consider going into London.
    I have found one possibility 'The Golden Hinde' in London, but I think it will be too advanced for my little Year 1s; would like a very 'fun' trip, as well as being an educational trip - a bit of learning through play maybe.[​IMG]
    Any suggestions, really appreciate it...
    Thank you.

3. What about a pirate theme week? We spend a whole week talking like pirates, working as pirates etc then at the end of the week we all come in dressed as pirates and have a day of pirate fun!

4. comenius

comenius New commenter

We've just finished a pirate theme and had this chap in for the day - he was fantastic, I would thoroughly recommend him!
    www.workshops-for-schools.co.uk

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

we've got a theatre group coming to perform the Night Pirates next term[​IMG]