1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pirate Assembly Year 1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by livenkickin, May 2, 2009.

1. Hi
    I'm hoping someone can help. We have been looking at pirates and have done lots of work on them. We have an assembly coming up where we are goig to share some of the things we have found out and sing some sea shanties and pirate related songs, however would lilke the children to do a short play, my mind has drawn a blank, and i have never been very good at inventing stories so was wondering if anyone had any ideas or a script they have used in their assembly? I would be very greatlful for any ideas!

Thanks

2. Hi
    I'm hoping someone can help. We have been looking at pirates and have done lots of work on them. We have an assembly coming up where we are goig to share some of the things we have found out and sing some sea shanties and pirate related songs, however would lilke the children to do a short play, my mind has drawn a blank, and i have never been very good at inventing stories so was wondering if anyone had any ideas or a script they have used in their assembly? I would be very greatlful for any ideas!

Thanks

3. AlongForTheRide

AlongForTheRide New commenter

I guess you could always turn the ORT 'Pirate Adventure' story into a play. I have a script somewhere for a play about pirates, but I wrote it for a bright year 2 class so it might be a bit lengthy and wordy for year 1.

4. Any help would be greatly appreicated! Would you mind if i had a look? My email is jen-allen@hotmail.co.uk
    thank you.

Anyone else got any ideas?

5. or any stories that would be easily adapted to a script for year 1? i thought about looking through our reading book boxes fro Pirate Pete stories as i dont think we have the ORT book. Any other stories people can think of?

6. ezm

ezm

Hi there is a lovely, funny, child-centred book called 'The night pirates' by Peter Harris and Deborah Allwright.
    ISBN 1 4052 1161 X which I am planning to use for my Reception pirate assembly in a few weeks. Its about a group of tough girl pirates that take a little boy on an adventure to a tropical island where they meet grown up pirates that aren't so rough and tough after all! Hope this isn't too late for you, if you have any fantastic ideas about things we could do could you share them as I am struggling too. especially music, dances etc.
    With thanks and good luck x

7. Hi there,
    Would you mind sending me this script, I am a probationer and i am trying to put an assembly together.. any ideas would be great!
    hazel.campbell@strath.ac.uk
    Thank you
    Hazel x

8. inky

inky Lead commenter

Using a script with nursery children seems very ambitious to me.

9. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Senior commenter

Doing anything that celebrates the actions of criminals seems very dubious to me ...

10. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

That's what I was thinking. Why would you want to do an assembly on pirates at all? Have you run out of more meaningful and appropriate topics?

11. Please could you send me a copy of your play script as I have an assembly coming up with my reception class too. I would be so grateful, many thanks, Vicky

12. fulloffun

fulloffun New commenter

post 9 and 10 I totally agree, what is going on with Pirates in Somalia and other parts of the world is not 'fun' for the victims and its happening now in 2011.

13. I have a book I was thinking of using but yours sounds really good as I like the idea of girl pirates. Would you mind sending me the script you used so that I can compare to what I have written, if this is ok my email address is a_shrubb@yahoo.co.uk thank you.

14. I know this is probably a long shot as I have seen this thread is from 2009........but any chance you still have the pirate script?? Would be absolutely amazing if you did? My email is jenniholby@hotmail.com if you happen to still have it. Thanks

15. I don't suppose you could send me a copy of your script could you please? It would be greatly appreciated.

greenawaym@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Matthew