1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pintrest Question¬

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Notmynormalname, Aug 27, 2012.

1. I have spent hours looking through Pintrest and adding things to my board. :0)
    However, for example, i have pinned a video clip, how do i actually watch it? I click on the images and most of the time it just takes me to a different place on pintrest.

2. I have spent hours looking through Pintrest and adding things to my board. :0)
    However, for example, i have pinned a video clip, how do i actually watch it? I click on the images and most of the time it just takes me to a different place on pintrest.

3. Grolta

Grolta New commenter

Hi!
    I have a youtube video on my Pinterest board. It plays when I select it without taking me to youtube. When you click on the photos/images you end up at the source. I just tried pinning a Sesame street video!! When you click it starts playing via the site.
    Hope that helps!
    https://pinterest.com/grolta/ [​IMG]

4. What do you do if you want to play the video in school - how do you convert it when it is on pinterest?

5. Grolta

Grolta New commenter

Hmm...
    I would imagine that Pinterest is blocked at school. I'm thinking (but not sure) that you would have to download the video from the source site onto your USB stick at home and play it that way. I suppose you could 'unblock' Pinterest at school but there are so many images to negotiate you never know what might appear!
    Anyone else have any ideas?[​IMG]

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Really?????? Why???? I'm a bit naive when it comes to ICT stuff.

I've no idea about playing videos and the like. At home I just click through to the original webpage where it come from and use that.

7. miss may

miss may New commenter

Or link the original website onto your planning and access it directly?

8. ballerina

ballerina New commenter

pintrest not blocked in my school but all the videos i have pinned are filtered, however if i click the link to the internet underneath then it takes me to the original source and i can play it that way - annoying but at least i get there in the end!
    B x
    https://pinterest.com/21sunshine21/

9. Grolta

Grolta New commenter

That's great! I haven't tried at school but I just presumed it would be! I'm going into school tomorrow so I'll have a go with my Sesame Street video![​IMG]

10. Grolta

Grolta New commenter

LOL! I think too much pinning has dulled my brain!! Linking direct to the site sounds much more sensible! You can't with youtube though, can you? Isn't it filtered?

11. We can't use YouTube in school-or couldn't before I went on maternity leave. I used to use zamcar to convert but don't think I can any more.

12. clangercrazy

clangercrazy New commenter

zamzar no longer works, but there are plenty of similar sites that allow you to download youtube (and similar) videos to your computer or mem stick. free, but need email address to send them to.
    Google: keepvid and grabvid and things like that and you'll find them. Just takes a little research.

13. I tried to use pinterest today at school to print a photo I had pinned. It was blocked, due to being a "social networking" site.
    Youtube is OK at my school though!