1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pinterest

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by littlemissraw, Apr 18, 2012.

1. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Anyone else on it?
    Would love to follow some fellow D&Ters and see what products you're coveting at the moment.Come on Spencer, is there one for Access FM?!
    I've left teaching at present but would have thought it'd be good to get the students to use to create a 'bank' of inspiration too? x

2. littlemissraw

Anyone else on it?
    Would love to follow some fellow D&Ters and see what products you're coveting at the moment.Come on Spencer, is there one for Access FM?!
    I've left teaching at present but would have thought it'd be good to get the students to use to create a 'bank' of inspiration too? x

3. I'm using it, but not related to teaching - I have a couple of boards to influence private designing work that I do :)

4. same - just started using it, but it seems like a lot of fun. glad for anyone to add/follow: http://pinterest.com/cheersphilip/

5. littlemissraw

I think its fab, glad the T&C's got changed as was scaring a lot of people off.
    Mine is http://pinterest.com/charlieromeo/ use it for general things I like (love the Goodwin & Goodwin time zone clocks ATM) as well as for my business designs x

6. I have the same username there as I do here - misspixie9 :)

7. littlemissraw

Do you use it for school misspixie? Or just personally? Will look for you now [​IMG] x

8. littlemissraw

Nobody else? x

9. Spencer_DT

Spencer_DT Occasional commenter

ello littlemiss!
    Did do something similar on accessfm.com a month or two ago and posted up here. Something along the lines of most beautiful product ever, but most importantly why?
    Few people responded but with a limited "why". Always up for a design based arguement/discussion though!!
    Cheers
    Spencer

10. littlemissraw

I did see that Spencer but as a girl I'm distracted by far too many beautiful things to simply choose one (especially EVER, boy that would be hard!!) But to review on of my Pinterest 'finds' for you...
    [​IMG]
    I think this product is simply beautiful because it combines a source of traditional music and brings it into the present time wonderfully. As a statement piece of furniture it also works without destroying the original concept. It even keeps the finish to a Piano gloss Black or White!
    I was more interested in whether people though Pinterest would be useful for students to collect inspiration pieces (as they could collect inspiration as they went about their normal time online out of class without it seeing like dedicated research) or whether you think there would just be a million pictures of 'funny' things like Dancing cats etc...? [​IMG] x

11. Spencer_DT

Spencer_DT Occasional commenter

Sorry Sarah, we do not have a link as yet from the main page. So it is a case of going straight to the site at the moment www.tes.co.uk/tes-design.

Cheers
    Spencer