1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pinned shop thread ?

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by mathsmutt, Mar 24, 2016.

1. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Should we have a pinned thread where users of this forum place their TES shop address?
    Would this be seen as good for publicity, or as an attention seeking money grabbing idea contrary to TES advertising rules?:D
    What do you think ?

2. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

I think it would be useful, since colleagues would be able to quickly find the sites of known posters.However, I appreciate that people who don't post under their shop name could feel disadvantaged and am aware of the "anti selling" fraternity - which is why I thought I would invite some debate amongst authors and sellers.

3. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

Sounds like a good idea to me.

mathsmutt likes this.
  4. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Hi @TES_Rosaline ,
    Would such a pinned thread be permissible ?

5. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

6. betsybelleteach

betsybelleteach New commenter

I'm happy to go into battle with the anti selling fraternity. I think this is a brilliant suggestion!

LanguageArtsLab and mathsmutt like this.
  7. betsybelleteach

betsybelleteach New commenter

The thing is, the TPTers amongst us have seen how this resource selling thing can work harmoniously. *** is all about collaboration and, whilst sellers are inevitably in competition with each other, they are also extremely supportive of one another. I think we are establishing the same ethos here and within the TES Authors facebook group and I am proud of it. Sadly, not all TES users support us teacher authors and it genuinely confuses me. I never witness people heckling the Textbook reps in the staff room. Or burning marketing leaflets in angry protest. Why are people so cross that some of us want to put our skills to use? In the current climate of unprecedented poor work-life balance, I believe many teachers welcome a carefully planned, accurate, engaging resource that they can purchase for a few quid but will save them several hours of work!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  8. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

I agree, the response here is crazy. I think we have been spoilt over at ***. The support over there is amazing it is a shame a lot of users on this site don't see it the same way. Oh well...

9. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Hi @TES_Rosaline ,
    An answer, positive or negative, would be appreciated!

Charleei likes this.
  10. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi @mathsmutt,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your suggestion.

You can start a thread appealing for members to add their TES Shop links and I will pin it for you in this forum.

mathsmutt likes this.
  11. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

LanguageArtsLab likes this.
  12. TES_Rosaline

You're welcome @mathsmutt.

I've pinned the thread for you.

mathsmutt likes this.
  13. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

I've had a look through the list of links to shops, and the first thing that struck me is that a large proportion of the resources haven't received reviews. Given people's love of review thing in Amazon and TripAdvisor, it seems strange that so few of them review resources.

cate_h likes this.
  14. John1917

John1917 New commenter

I think the pinned shop thread could do with a little more information, than just the link to the shop,

I was thinking something like the small paragraph about the author you have on your shop profile ... This may give the browser a general idea about your shop contents, theme, age range etc and a reason to click.

15. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Hi @John1917 ,
    I had originally contemplated this, but then thought it could quickly become unwieldy and people would complain - which is why I just suggested a link list of links for fairness.
    However, I don't have any issues with this.

16. John1917

John1917 New commenter

Will the new system of royalty banding: bronze, silver and gold. Mean that people who only upload free resources will no longer have a ‘shop’ come July.

17. TES_Rosaline

Hello @John1917,

Thank you for your question. The answer is below:

No, anyone who already has a shop before 1 July 2016 will continue to keep their shop whether they have free resources, premium or both. Please see our FAQ for more information and contact help@tes.com or authors@tes.com if you have questions.

18. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Hi @roamingteacher

Did you realise that your link is missing the www and is not clickable ?

19. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter