1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pineapple pudding

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by cosmos, Feb 18, 2012.

1. I'm looking for inspiration........I have a pineapple that I want to do something with - more substantial than a sorbet but less than an upside down cake. Slightly more exciting than grilling it but nothing that needs twiddling about for ages......
    any bright ideas?

2. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Grill it in a slightly more exciting manner by marinading it in a sugar syrup flecked with chilli, sichuan pepper and black pepper, then grilling it, basting it with the syrup? With ice cream? Maybe a solid type rice pudding, made with coconut milk and sticky rice, with it?

3. Marinade slices in orange juice or rum (depending) then grill until the edges go a bit black.
    Serve with ice cream etc as above!
    But now I am thinking of an upside down pud!!

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Pineapple makes a yummy tarte tatin. Even better if served with coconut ice cream.
    Another nice idea if to halve pineapple, keeping the shell intact. Remove and chop the flesh. Replace in the shell, cover with sorbet of your choice (raspberry works well, or mango) then top with meringue and bake quickly like an alaska.
    Yum, yum [​IMG]

5. Too true, yum yum!
    Thank you - I am currently dithering between rice pudding and a tatin and the meringue thing......