1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pine Mouth

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by ljr, Jul 8, 2011.

1. ljr

ljr New commenter

I have been experiencing a horrid bitter taste in my mouth for a few days, and I Googled this as a symptom. I was amazed to find that this is quite common after eating pine nuts, (which I had with my meal on Tuesday evening) and indeed is called - Pine Mouth. I have eaten lots of pine nuts in the past & have never been affected, has anyone else heard of this or been affected?

2. I think it depends on the type of pine nuts. I seem to remember reading somewhere that there are two types or different countries of origin or something like that.
    Try asking on the cookery forum they'll know.

3. Yes, I have had this too and it is horrible. Looking into it, it seems that it has been going on for years. I looked on a forum of a well known supermarket (where I bought my pine nuts) and people have been complaining about their pinenuts since 2008 and they have done nothing about it. Apparently it is harmless and doesn't affect everybody. It does go off eventually but it is very unpleasent while it lasts. It has put me right off pine nuts.