1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pilgrimage, School RE trips and Taise

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by durgamata, Feb 17, 2012.

1. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Hi Guys,

A colleague just told me about a great RE trip. I'm sure he will be happy for me to share the email here -

Just wanted to share with the RE community that I deliver for GCSE AQA Spec B Unit 5 'Religious expression', and for Religion and Music - I took 48 GCSE students to the Annual Bhangra Competition at the HMV Apollo theatre on Saturday 11 Feb in the evening. The kids LOVED it. They enjoyed the loud upbeat music along with the colourful and vibrant clothing the dancers wore as well as the general competitive atmosphere. It fits in with the theme of cultural folk music but it's generally a good RE trip as it promotes community cohesion AND it's one hell of a trip to do for an RE dept!

That reminded me that I have always longed to take an RE group on pilgrimage - to stay at the Taise Community. I wonder if anyone would like to comment on such a trip.

I have done some research and copied info into a new resource on Pilgrimage and the Taise Community. If anyone wishes to plan such a trip I'd love to come as an extra adult. (They ask for one adult for every 5 students who are under 18)

I have created two files - one about Taise and one about going there.

This would be a particularly good trip for a Faith school but just as meaningful for pupils or students of any faith or none.