1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Piers Morgan doesn’t trust teachers because of a ban on school skirts

Discussion in 'Education news' started by TES_Rosaline, Jul 3, 2018.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

‘Piers Morgan said he didn’t trust teachers who banned school skirts "as far as I can throw them" this morning during a debate.

The Good Morning Britain host was joined by co-host Susanna Reid, Tes’ mental health columnist Natasha Devon and former deputy head Ruth Kudzi as they discussed the news that 40 schools in the UK had banned skirts.

Devon argued that not only would a gender-neutral uniform allow girls to take part in physical activities throughout the day, it would also be fully inclusive for transgender students.

Hmmm, if he doesn’t trust teachers then why doesn’t he home school his daughter? Yet another sign of the lack of respect and trust surrounding the profession.

https://www.tes.com/news/piers-morgan-i-dont-trust-these-teachers-far-i-can-throw-them

Moony and henrypm0 like this.
  2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

I don't trust Piers Morgan even that far, tbh...

3. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

If upskirting is to be a criminal offence, more schools might go down this road.

we know they often try to avoid reporting assaults on staff to the police, settling for detentions or 'serious chats' instead, and who knows whether they'd react the same way should a teacher be upskirted.

But if a child in their care is victim to upskirting then it's likely to be a huge deal owing to child protection concerns.

Too hard to ban mobile phones, so they'll ban skirts instead.

4. CWadd

CWadd Senior commenter

Piers Morgan is a ****.

I don't trust journalists as far as I can throw them, mainly due to ***** like him.

End. Of.

TCSC47, agathamorse, drek and 3 others like this.
  5. -Maximilian-

-Maximilian- New commenter

Piers Morgan has slagged off teachers before. Personally, I can’t stand him as a presenter and switch off if he’s on the telly. On the skirts issue, I’m not really bothered. It’s up to the schools what their uniform policy is. Nothing wrong with skirts in my mind though if that’s what students want to wear.

eljefeb90 and schoolsout4summer like this.
  6. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

I don't trust Piers Morgan because of his smarmy face.

henrypm0 likes this.
  7. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

This sums up PM fairly accurately.

8. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Wasn't he the editor of the mirror when they published faked photos of British troops abusing afgans/Iraqis?

install and henrypm0 like this.
  9. David Getling

David Getling Senior commenter

But as they are funded by public money it shouldn't be!

10. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Schools have always had a significant amount of autonomy.

TCSC47, SomethingWicked and JL48 like this.
  11. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

I dont quite understand this skirt debate. Every school I have worked in has stipulated that students wear trousers or skirts of a certain colour. Any girl may wear trousers or a skirt. The same applies to boys though I dont recall any boy choosing to wear a skirt. If there is a choice I don't see what the problem is. Piers Morgan is beneath contempt. If any school tries to ban anything there is always someone eager to take them to court.

peter12171 and agathamorse like this.
  12. drek

drek Lead commenter

people like Piers Morgan, love islanders, trump etc all have a lot of things in common. One in particular.....
    They attract public attention easily. This makes them are popular, leads to getting well paid, future lucrative careers and thus in our society.....highly respected............

Teachers.....the only time we get media attention is when we are scorned at by parents, dfe, OFSTEd, colleagues.....and really anybody at all.....for imagined or real crimes!

MarieAnn18 and agathamorse like this.
  13. David Getling

Anyone who tries to stop girls wearing skirts is fully deserving of every once of contempt heaped upon them.

14. install

install Star commenter

Didn't Piers get into trouble over an untrustworthy photo in a newspaper report? Mmm...according to the Telegraph they were 'fake'. All schools maybe should teach the consequences of trying to fool the public - and maybe whoever it may be :cool:

TCSC47 likes this.
  15. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Piers who?

TCSC47, FrankWolley and install like this.
  16. chowatson

chowatson New commenter

To be fair, he said he said he wouldn't trust teachers who wanted to ban skirts specifically. It's actually just clickbait to imply he was teacher bashing.

17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Sorry for this off-topic post but...

If the Unions told staff that any assault should be reported to the police... if that was Union policy... if the police were actually involved... I wonder if that'd turn things around fairly quickly on behaviour...

install likes this.
  18. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

He probably just doesn't trust teachers. Full stop. Like much of the media.
    The skirts has nothing to do with this.

TCSC47 and Mrsmumbles like this.
  19. David Getling

But, remember, these kinds of policies are down to head teachers. Does any right-minded person trust SLT, these days? As soon as I see that acronym the words liar and cheat instantly pop up in my mind.

Mrsmumbles likes this.
  20. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Down to the governors, not the headteachers.

TCSC47 likes this.