1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Picture posted on Facebook

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by imamagpie, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I went to a gig last night and saw an ex pupil. We briefly chatted about how he is and then his friend took a photograph. Totally innocent stood next to eachother. When I thought about it later I realised I had a pint of lager in my hand (I do not drink often so this was quite rare and I was not drunk). I am now fretting that this will be posted on Facebook as he is friends with current pupils.
    I am a very proffessional person and am worried this could be seen in the wrong light.
    What do I do and who do I speak with?
    Thanks

2. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter

If he's over 18, then it's two adults having a drink. You've done nothing wrong. Stop worrying.

3. frustum

frustum Lead commenter

Doesn't sound like anything anyone could really complain about. If you're worried, tell your line manager (assuming that they're someone with common sense): that way if any comment comes in about it, they'll be ready to respond with "oh yes, apparently they bumped into each other at a gig" rather than having to hedge because they don't know what it's about.

4. Oh god, what is the world coming to? You have a right to a life. I hope nobody is stupid enough to make a fuss about a photo with an ex-pupil.

5. I wouldn't worry about pupils seeing you with a drink. Last year I worked at a school round the corner from me and I met pupils at local (and some school) events where there was drink.
    Don't worry about it too much but if your line manager is someone you feel safe speaking to (ie won't blow it out of proportion) then you could mention it to them as in "I bumped into x at that gig last night -chat about them etc- I'm a little worried about it now as they had a photo taken of me.

6. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter