1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pi Day?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by jenprobert, Mar 17, 2011.

1. I've just received my email from the TES CONNECT which says:
    "This week's resource picks focus on World Pi Day (March 24) and include Pi dingbats and a Pi rap. Over in the forums the debate is on maths topics that you just can't get to sink in..."
    Now surely Pi is 3.14159.. and pi day was the 14th March and has been and gone?!

2. DM

DM New commenter

Oh dear.

3. I am afraid it is just up to the usual sort of standard.
    Links don't work (or do work, but take you to a different resource from the one suggested).
    One resource that is claimed, on the email, to be a 14-16 resource is an NRICH task for Key Stage 5 ... with the highest level of problem-solving difficulty (3 stars).
    On the resources suggested either last week or the week before, the final one linked to a page that said "this item has been removed".
    Now I know that we get all this for free so it seems curmudgeonly to complain. But I am significantly less likely to bother with TES at all if the stuff they send out is as poor as this.
    Redefining Pi as 3.24 is the best one yet, though ...

4. This does seem a bit of a howler.

There are though, some fantastic free resources available on TES, I know i've used it many times. Sometimes things have needed tweaking but they have certainly saved my bacon many times over!