1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Physiotherapy student

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by liufegi, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Hello, I'm student from Lithuania, and now I'm studying special education, with specialization in physiotherapy in education. After ending my studies, I'm thinking about going to the UK to work as special educaton teacher. How many work places, in the UK, are for special educaton teachers? Are physiotherapy teachers popular in the UK?

2. Hello, I'm student from Lithuania, and now I'm studying special education, with specialization in physiotherapy in education. After ending my studies, I'm thinking about going to the UK to work as special educaton teacher. How many work places, in the UK, are for special educaton teachers? Are physiotherapy teachers popular in the UK?

3. Where I work (residential special), we have a Physiotherapy team on site. 2 of them deal with students in the school up to the age of 19 and 1 deals with college students who are above the age of 19. I'm not quite sure how it works in the average day special school but I'm sure some others on here would be able to help you in that regard.

4. Thank you, for your answear, it's truely important for me. Maybe you could get one of theam email adress, so I could send theam an a email, and ask some questions. Of course if they don't mind :) My email is: liufegi@gmail.com
    Thank you for your help again :)

5. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

<font face="Times New Roman">Do you want to work in a school as a physiotherapist or as a teacher? They are different professions here. Special schools have the same rules as mainstream schools.</font><font face="Times New Roman">To work as a physiotherapist check this website for information on how to get your qualification recognised here.</font>http://www.workgateways.com/job-physiotherapy.html#regulations<font size="3"> </font><font face="Times New Roman"> </font> To work as a teacher here (in England) you need to be qualified to work as a teacher in an EU country. If you qualified as a teacher in Lithuania you should be able to apply for a teaching job here and your physiotherapy experience should stand you in good stead if you can get an interview. The rules are different in Scotland and Wales.