1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

physics unit 1 aqa 4403 GCSE

Discussion in 'Science' started by largatona, Dec 29, 2011.

1. largatona

largatona New commenter

If you send me your email address I will forward you a collection of past paper questions and answers relevant to the new course,

2. Orion

Orion New commenter

I would also suggest you get a revision guide as the courses are now so easy you can self teach most of it with a revision guide at home.
    Just get him to learn the book by various revision methods for 1 hour a day for 3 weeks and most kids can get at least a B from this alone.
    Make sure you get the right spec for the book i.e. AQA etc..

3. I would also be very grateful for anything to help my daughter sitting 4403 spec foundation needs a c on 20th jan 2012 she is really struggling. many Thanks

triplec@gendiit.com

4. Orion

Orion New commenter

Same advice really but also if you are a parent why not question the schools more and ask what are they providing.

Even if it is a new spec you can still get similar questions. However, the revision guides are the best bet.

5. ranahisham

ranahisham New commenter

Thank you very much for all your responses.

largatona ,My email address is halaalani@live.co.uk thank you for your offer.

Sorry I did have a problem with my computer so I couldn't come back to the site.

Thank you

6. Don't fret too much - last year the boundary for an A grade (for one of the OCR 21 Century papers) was 52%.
    It makes me weep.

7. ranahisham

ranahisham New commenter

Hello Hadron,

Do you know what is the boundary grade for aqa unit 1 this year because I am not only panicking but also not sleeping!!
    I can't understand how a new specification can start without giving sufficient questions or mock papers for teachers and students to prepare themselves !!

the exam is for the 20th January and he only has one mock paper to do in class for practice !!

Please Largatona don't forget me !!

8. Boundaries are only set after the exam is completed & marked. I think you seem to be worrying too much.
    Tell him to work as hard as he can / wants to. Get past papers that match his new syllabus ( another poster has offered this by the sound of it) & let him get on with it.
    The worst case scenario is that he needs to retake the paper. The best case is that he gets a good grade first time round. Either way - he will be fine.

9. ranahisham

ranahisham New commenter

Thank you Hadron.

10. Please could you also send me some past papers if possible as my daughter is also taking AQA science A unit 1 tests on the 9th Jan 2013. My email is agatham@aol.com. Thank you

11. The cgp practice exams are very good. Also, if your child is struggling why not invest in a tutor?Although you might have left it a bit late for that.

12. grade boundaries last year were about 55 percent for an A. IIRC

lAbout 45 percent raw marks for a B

13. June 2012: 58% for an A, 52% for a B (which I think is very low!)

14. ranahisham

ranahisham New commenter

Thank you all for your responses