1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Physical Theatre Ensemble Ideas?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by zshtogren, Feb 6, 2012.

1. In a few weeks, I have to put together some kind of physical theatre/performance art presentation with about 30 KS3 and KS4 students. I have no idea where to start. I've only instructed traditional drama and have no clue about dance/movement instruction. The guidelines are that there be no dialogue and it be a 4-5 performance on some theme. Some of the kids have no theatre experience whatsoever. I think simple will be better as we only have 3 DAYS of rehearsal time before the performance.

2. This, amongst other things.
    (Intrigued to know why you are doing this and who has asked / told you to).

3. Totally an administrator's decision as a PR display. I imagine impressing rich parents, who will be the bulk of the audience, is the main motivation. That's how things go at third world international schools.

5. If you let me have your email address I'll email some material which will help you. If you don't want your email address on the group send me a message.

6. I misspoke. Let's say 75% as a safe figure.

7. Check your messages.