1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PHSE for Sixth Form

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by capecod, May 30, 2010.

1. Hi
    I have just been appointed as Assistant head of sixth form and one of my responsibilities will be to plan and write a SOW for PHSE for year 12 and 13's.

Would really appreciate any help / advice / tips that people might have on the things I should include and any resources that might be useful.

Thanks

2. Hi
    I have just been appointed as Assistant head of sixth form and one of my responsibilities will be to plan and write a SOW for PHSE for year 12 and 13's.

Would really appreciate any help / advice / tips that people might have on the things I should include and any resources that might be useful.

Thanks

3. I've just finished placement and did some year 12 pse. The school has a weekly lesson and whilst I was there is was mostly looking at university stuff. UCAS has resources you can use. This seemed to go down well as the kids really didn't know the difference btn different types of degrees, what money they could get, that they need to take their own saucepans etc. Year 13 obviously have to apply pretty much soon as they start so its never too early to start planning and it gives them time over the spring/summer to do visits.
    Other stuff they do over the two years includes study skills, personal safety, exam prep, sex and relatios. And of course the fun is in the flexibility so we could spend some time looking at the General Election.

4. Thanks for your advice [​IMG]