1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Photosynthesis ISA

Discussion in 'Science' started by louise muppet, Nov 17, 2007.

1. My students are doing the photosynthesis ISA next week where they count the bubbles from Elodea. In the trial run thye did many of them failed to get the Elodea to produce any bubbles. If this happens when they do the full experiment, can we give them a set of data to produce their graph from?

2. My students are doing the photosynthesis ISA next week where they count the bubbles from Elodea. In the trial run thye did many of them failed to get the Elodea to produce any bubbles. If this happens when they do the full experiment, can we give them a set of data to produce their graph from?

3. I wouldn't be doing the elodea at this time of year. I'm assuming your lab techs are doctoring the samples with sodium bicarb and making sure the cut is done by a very sharp blade??

Failing that, you are allowed to give a set of results for the graph. In fact, this is what we did with all of our ISA's, that way you can get the table and graph drawn in one session. If you don't you have to take the tables in and mark them and hand them back out, which is a bit of a faff.

They don't receive any marks for collecting results.

4. melbanks

melbanks New commenter

sorry to jump in with a question, but Hellvixen looks like a person who might be able to answer for me!! I'm currently marking my first ISA and im confused:

if they say this they get one mark

if they say this and that they get 2 marks

it they say this that and the other they get 3 marks....

my question is:

what if they say that.... but haven't said this? do they get a mark or not?

5. Are trial runs in the rules?

6. bogstandardcomp

bogstandardcomp New commenter

7. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Agree. Cabomba is much better than Elodea.

8. Goat2

Goat2 New commenter

Today 30th Oct did this investigation with Cabomba and it bubbled away nicely. You might need to ensure they have good illumination so look at getting something more than a 60W bulb - but that's what we had today.