1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Photographs of children

Discussion in 'Primary' started by skills324, Jun 24, 2011.

1. skills324

skills324 New commenter

At our school we have been encouraged to photograph children working in groups/ on practical activities etc and use as evidence as written work isn't always completed for every activity/ lesson. Post it notes are also used etc.
    Photographs of such sort are now also uploaded to our website (we obviously had to ensure we had the parents permission for their child's picture to be used on the website, any that didn't consent have their child's face blurred or simply isn't used)
    When a member of staff leaves we normally create a book of memories for them which includes photographs of the member of staff throughout their time at our school and obviously children will be in some of these photos.
    We have now been toldany staff leaving will not be able to have such things and photos of the children shouldn't beobtained unless strictly for school purposes.

But at the end of the day it seems to me a member of staff isn't allowed photos of children in a leavers card but will be allowed to view the photos of the children on the internet site.

Has anyone else been told anything like this?

2. What a load of tosh. It's getting worse isn't it!

3. skills324

skills324 New commenter

I know, the world is going mad!!!!

4. Agree - that's just RIDICULOUS!! Surely the member of staff has their (usless I admit ) CRB??? Never heard of that one before.