1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Photo with Application?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by keiraes, Feb 16, 2019.

1. keiraes

keiraes New commenter

*First post* Hope everyone's looking forward to half term!

English Teacher of 16 years here (eek!) and applying for my 4th job in that time period - relocating.

Anyway - looking at a job at the moment that asks for a photo with the application form. I don't think I have ever seen this before?:oops: Surely this is a bit shallow? Can I send it without - or would it look like i have something to hide (like two heads!).

I just didn't think that kind of thing would be allowed! It is a state school.

Opinions would be appreciated - thank you!

2. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

send it, it they are going to refuse you because they hate your face, might as well know now rather than later, or, God forbid, after being employed....

could be racist, sexist, agist....

JohnJCazorla and agathamorse like this.
  3. keiraes

keiraes New commenter

I hear you:rolleyes: But also just surprised as never seen this before in a job application that's all...

agathamorse likes this.
  4. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Maybe it's just a memory jogger for the interview panel: if they've seen four candidates for the English job and four for the Geography job in one day......That's why we issue teachers with class lists complete with mugshots!

agathamorse likes this.
  5. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Likely to be a way of verification . Checking the applications are the same as interview candidates.

agathamorse likes this.
  6. keiraes

keiraes New commenter

True - thanks!

Too late now I've sent it - haha!