1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Photo Puzzles for Teachers of Spanish

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Jeremyinspain, Nov 7, 2012.

1. kate2521

kate2521 New commenter

The chemist one went down a storm too, and my Spanish colleague thinks they're amazing too.

2. Thank you for these resources - really fun to use - and I also saw The Sound of Music in Madrid in November and agree with your review 100% ! A fantastic evening out ! Really interesting to hear the words we know so well sung in Spanish, (which when I come to think of it isn't so absurd as I am sure Maria et al would have spoken in German anyway! )

3. Jeremyinspain

Jeremyinspain Occasional commenter

OK, sorry for the delay, the 6th puzzle is now live. Something a little different this week, <u>video</u>. [​IMG] Please let me know how this one goes down, I imagine the last video will only be suitable for A-level, but I've included a transcription so that students can translate it even if they can't understand it...
    As usual, if I've made any errors, please let me know.
    Jeremy Dean

4. Jeremyinspain

The last puzzle before Xmas is up and running. It has a (slightly) Christmassy theme. I'll be back in the new year, I'm off on holiday (at the end of next week)... to England.
    Can anyone let me know, what's the weather going to be like?
    Merry Xmas, see you all in the new year.
    Jeremy Dean.
    Quick link... http://zenkyumaestro.blogspot.com.es/

5. Jeremyinspain

This week's puzzle might appeal to teachers as well as students. It's up and running. Very difficult for me to judge the 'level' of difficulty of this, it is a true 'puzzle'.
    Comments welcome, good or bad. I'm having fun, I hope some of you are too.
    Jeremy Dean

6. kate2521

kate2521 New commenter

Thanks again, Jeremy, this is wonderful, and I love the canguro story too. It will help it stick in their minds.

7. Jeremyinspain

That word is now embedded in mine.

8. Jeremyinspain

The latest photo puzzle is up and ready. I hope you're all feeling well...

9. Jeremyinspain

OK, I'm back to a Friday deadline this week. Not too much writing to translate this time, but some interesting photos to puzzle over.
    Please let me have any feedback, positive or negative. I do enjoy making the puzzles, it would be a bonus to know when I 'get it right'. I'm not actually teaching Spanish at the moment, although I have done (year 3 primary) in the past, so I'm guessing a bit ref level of difficulty and interest.
    Anyway, hope it gives you something useful for lunes por la ma&ntilde;ana.
    Buen finde,
    Jeremy Dean.

10. Jeremyinspain

Photo (video this week) puzzle number 13 is live. A football theme...
    Hope your students (and you) enjoy it.

11. Jeremyinspain

Puzzle 14 is up and running.

12. Jeremyinspain

The latest photo puzzle for teachers of Spanish is now available, but not a photo this week, a musical theme...
    http://zenkyumaestro.blogspot.com.es/
    &iexcl;Disfruta!

13. Jeremyinspain

A very topical photo-puzzle is up and running on the blog for this week. Let me have any feedback.
    &iexcl;Disfruta!

14. Jeremyinspain

Apologies for the late posting this week... but <u>Fallas</u> has started!!
    So something very topical from my day out in Valencia yesterday!
    Feedback always appreciated. Positive or negative.
    JD

15. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

16. Jeremyinspain

Thanks for that, noemie. And here's the latest, Fallas Food is the theme this week. Get ready to make your students drool!

17. Hi
    As you're into photos, this might interest you. It's a selection of webgames based on photos of things, people or circumstances. You just need to save a selection of photos and associate them with a phrase list. A good way to learn 'blocks of meaning'. I usually use the games in conjunction with a short text that the learners can relate the vocab and photos to.
    Spanish Games demo:
    http://manxman.ch/moodle2/file.php/5/Newgames/demogame-es/Menu.html

The texts and software downloads are at http://manxman.ch/moodle
    Regards
    Alan

18. Jeremyinspain

Looks really interesting, thanks. I'll have a good look through over the next few days.

19. Sorry the software link should be http://manxman.ch/moodle2 (The false one is my folk band - sorry again!)
    Alan

20. Jeremyinspain

A change of mood after the fun of the Fallas fiesta. This week's puzzle is less festive...
    I hope your sturndts find it thought-provoking.
    I'll be back then in two weeks after my Easter break.