1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phonics

Discussion in 'Primary' started by meesyg22, Mar 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. meesyg22

meesyg22 New commenter

I am doing a review of phonics schemes for my school. I've been trying to find a range of programmes but I am getting a lot of resources for parents rather than schools.. can anyone recommend what to search for or any sites that give an overview? Thanks

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

3. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

We use Letters and Sounds. I've never actually used it myself as I've been KS2 based for many years now, but EYFS and KS1 seem happy with it.

4. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

We use RWI and it's fab for phonics.
    Wouldn't use it for everything else though.

5. meesyg22

meesyg22 New commenter

thanks everyone! I'm trying to find something with more engagement than rwi. Just wondered what to search to get a breadth of programmes. Looking for a programme that's really exciting for children

6. treacle30

treacle30 New commenter

Monster phonics has been great in my daughter’s school. Sounds are colour coded and have a character.

7. Mandyrobbo

Mandyrobbo New commenter

Hello, did you adopt Monster Phonics we are looking into it at our school, it would be good to have some feedback other than just the ones on their website!

8. ks9aq

ks9aq New commenter

On supply, one of the infant schools has introduced TTS story time phonics. Only started in September but the Y1s I was teaching were very engaged and really enjoyed it. I like the key sentence for each sound.

9. green_ink

green_ink New commenter

We use Letters and Sounds and then the resources from PhonicsPlay. There are daily planned sessions and the Phases are colour coded. The games are engaging and some can be played at home for free.
    I am also investigating Alphablocks (but I think it only goes up to the end of single sounds at the start of Phase 3)

10. DFC

DFC New commenter

Look at Soundswrite.