1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phonics Online Videos

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cbdcbdcbd, Sep 18, 2020.

1. cbdcbdcbd

cbdcbdcbd New commenter

We are trying to prepare for remote learning again . We did not do any live teaching last time and I dont think we want to again, despite massive pressure from parents.

I’m looking for good quality online phonics lessons, free to access, that we could send home daily if needed. I found the DfE produced some in the Summer term which look perfect but there is no Phase 1, 2 or 6 (They have a recap of phase 2 focussing on blending but not the initial teach of it). Does anyone know of videos such as these?

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

RWI created some daily ones last time, if you use that scheme.
    I don't think they stayed available for more than 24 hours, but they may do similar again.

Otherwise, live lessons for phonics were great for us.

3. napsiasi

napsiasi New commenter

You can look at Geraldine the giraffe on YouTube to use as part of the phonics to send home. Its good because the children find it funny and the parents ( if they watch it) understand what phonics is

4. daisymoo

daisymoo New commenter