1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phonics Lesson Observation ideas

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by sgnqt17, May 15, 2018.

1. sgnqt17

sgnqt17 New commenter

I have just received an invitation to an observation next week for my first NQT job.

The brief is to teach a 15 minutes Phonics lesson to 8 Reception children.

Any ideas that will help me to stand out from the usual Phonics activities in the letters and sounds document?

Thanks!!

2. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

Did you do some phonics teaching whilst training? What did you do that went down well? Try and pick what you woukd like to do and then people can help you tweak your idea. It needs to be something you feel comfortable with.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. sgnqt17

sgnqt17 New commenter

I did, however I’ve just received information that this school do Read Write Inc which I am not very familiar with.

4. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

Ok. Phonics is phonics is phonics, you can still start with an idea from your own experience. Then read a bit about RRI and look for related resources that might help you. Bare in mind it's the end of year R.
    There are some free resources on this site and a search will reveal others, to give you some inspiration.