1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phonics interview lesson

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Jenna1972, May 9, 2012.

1. Jenna1972

Jenna1972 New commenter

Hi
    I have an interview coming up in which I'm required to carry out a 20 minute phonics session with Year 1 children. The school uses Letters and Sounds but I have limited experience of this, having used a different scheme at my current school. I understand that most children would generally be working in stage 5 at this point, but whereabouts in stage 5 should I expect them to be at at this time of year?
    Thanks for your help.

2. Jenna1972

Jenna1972 New commenter

Hi
    I have an interview coming up in which I'm required to carry out a 20 minute phonics session with Year 1 children. The school uses Letters and Sounds but I have limited experience of this, having used a different scheme at my current school. I understand that most children would generally be working in stage 5 at this point, but whereabouts in stage 5 should I expect them to be at at this time of year?
    Thanks for your help.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question, Jenna. This is a JobSeekers Forum, and you would be better posting on the Primary Forum to get this answered.
    Well done for getting that interview, however!
    Tip for next time: put Dear Theo in the title so I open it earlier.
    Best wishes.