1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phonice Assessment sheets,,,

Discussion in 'Primary' started by TEACHER16, Feb 7, 2011.

1. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

I was wondering what everyone uses to record sound recognition and letter formation and if anyone could please send me a format they use? Many thanks :)

2. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

I was wondering what everyone uses to record sound recognition and letter formation and if anyone could please send me a format they use? Many thanks :)

3. http://www.phonicsinternational.com/assessment.html

These are free assessments. I don't know whether any of them will be helpful for your needs.
    You can use phonics assessments when they are printed in a friendly-font for both reading and spelling assessments.
    The pupil can 'say the sounds' from left to right on seeing the letters or letter groups. You can 'tick off' another copy of the same assessment sheet. Circle any graphemes which are not know to automaticity.
    Or, you can say the sounds for the graphemes and ask the pupil to point to the correct grapheme. Once again, you can use a record-only copy to note the responses.
    So, any assessment sheets which are in a child-font can be used both for assessment and for recording just by having an identical copy and naming, dating and annotating it.