1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phonic Activities

Discussion in 'Primary' started by missyrobinson, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Hello,
    I am on my teaching practice and am really struggling to think of different activities for phonic focussed tasks. I have mostly been doing word sorting by sound and then writing a sentence using one of the words.
    I would appreciate any ideas for tasks I could plan for. The school has a 'no workshett' policy but do record in books or on whiteboards.
    Please help as I am getting SO frustrated.
    Thank you!

2. Last week I planned a phonics treasure hunt. I collected words using our phonics sounds which the children had to find and write the word for. Unfortunately it was raining and as many of them were cuddly toys didn't go outside but it worked ok in the classroom. I have three groups for phonics but let them try to write any/all. For my lowest ability group I had labels on the things. Will try it again in the future.

3. I can send you some resources [ posters, board and card games] if you let me know what phonics you are covering at the moment.
    margaret2612@btinternet.com

4. Really? Wow that would be fantastic!
    We're doing...ng, th, ie & or (sport), oor (floor) aw (claw) ore (more)
    Anything you could send would be very gratefully recieved!!!
    emmajaynerobinson@live.co.uk
    Thank you so much