1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phone contracts...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TEACHER16, May 9, 2011.

1. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

Which net work are you with? How much do you pay and what do you get for your money?

2. O2, too much, more than I need

3. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

I'm a Virgin

customer ...

4. I don't have a mobile telephone contract. I have a life instead.

cyolba, having no friends is cheaper :)

5. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Not when you have to hire a group of renegade badgers to defend the Wall of Infinite Sorrow in the Valley of Pulsating Souls against a ravening horde of Slaughter-Toads.

6. But that only happens every other millenium when the wind'a from the North and Preston North End have a home game on St.Jospeh of Arithemea's day. I reckon I can risk it.

cyolba, with a secret supply of badger cloning tablets in his outhouse :)

7. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I have 2 contracts - O2 with phone 24 month - 600 mins 1gb Internet 500 texts for £35
    Same 'deal' but no phone included - monthly rolling contract with tesco £10.

8. Orange - £15 unlimited Internet and text, 200 minutes, free calls to my family (magic numbers)

If you work in education and take your wage slip into prove this Orange give you a discount off your phone bill.

9. Tesco, £30 on a 12 month contract (iPhone), unlimited data and texts with 600 minutes.

10. MayKasahara

MayKasahara New commenter

I'm with 3, 24 month contract; new phone, 500 minutes, 5000 messages, 1GB data, £12.50 per month (is actually £15 per month but with four months free).

11. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

I'm on Orange, iphone, 600 mins, 50 picture msgs, unlimited texts and 750gb for £25 (12 month contact)

12. Good grief! Why do people spend so much money on such pointlessness?

cyolba, sheeling £400 per week on badger food :)

13. impis

impis New commenter

I@m on pay as you go - Each time I top up by £15 I get a month's unlimited O2 to O2 calls and texts - which suits me fine as the main people that I ring or text are also on O2.
    I'm after a new phone but don't want a contract - I'm happy with my £15 top ups . Nor do I wish to spend £450 on a top of the range smart phone [even though my son assures me that it would be the 'best value' in the end. But i would like a smart phone which stays looking smart - lets me access apps, and lets me browse the net, with email and facebook integration. It MUST have an app which would alert me when I get a txt message - every minute til I look at it. [my current non-smart phone does that and its great!]. GPS woudl be good and a non scratch screen. I do already have an iphone [an old one] which i'm not that keen on because a. its too big, and b. the battery doesn't last long enough. c. it doesnt' alert me every minute when I 've got a text message.
    Anyone got any reccommendations?

14. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I'm with T Mobile on a 24 month contract which is £25 a month. It's the Flext tarif, so the number of call minutes and texts adjusts depending on how many calls you make/texts you send. I just have a basic Nokia phone, i'm not really bothered about iphones.
    My husband had an iphone and he's now got a Samsung Galaxy S2 on O2 for £35 a month.

15. chicabonita

chicabonita New commenter

T mobile, £5 a month, unlimited texts and 300 minutes :)

Threaten to leave- works wonders.

16. Wonder if that would work with Orange? My contract runs out in July - I can upgrade my phone only if I agree to another 24 months? Can't be right.