1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phobias

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lilyofthefield, May 26, 2011.

1. *Grabs sea_pink for a singalong*
    "We don't like spiders and snakes...."

2. I can't control my physical reaction to spiders. I have tried and it just isn't possible. They are awful!

3. Flying!!! I go hysterical. I was once asked to leave a plane just before takeoff. I was 23 and logical in every other way. Still panic but a few triple vodkas before boarding then a sleeping tablet before take off helps. Not really feasible with spiders though...

4. I rescue them! Just place a glass over the poor things, slip a card underneath and then carry to a safer place. :)
    (Sorry...[​IMG])

5. I can just about chuck a glass over them. Then I leave the vicinity!

6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I feel the same way about small children. Phew! Glad I got that off my chest.

7. I rescued a beautiful spider specimen from the sink the other day about an inch and a half in diameter. Cupped my hands round it and then just chucked it on the floor to find a warm dark hole.
    Then going to school the other day it was raining so I grabbed my woolly hat and put it on.
    Something was squirming about on my (bald) head so I instinctively just whacked my head with my hand
    Yellow/green spider guts and hairy legs all over my baldy head.[​IMG]

8. Fish.

I feel a bit better about them since I started eating them though.

I don't think that would work so well with spiders.

9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Lol [​IMG]

10. annie2010

annie2010 Occasional commenter

I rescue them too!
    Wish someone could explain why my three children-two of them adults- are so terrified of spiders, wasps and other insects. They certainly didn't pick this up from me.
    The only bugs I dislike are cockroaches-dirty- and mosquitoes( I react badly to their bites). I'm not phobic about anything, though I don't much like enclosed spaces.

11. anon468

anon468 New commenter

The only reason I hate this time of year is because of my stupid phobia.
    And the only good thing about winter is that they are nowhere to be seen.
    But I have a cunning plan to banish the ******* from my garden. Nematodes... [​IMG]

12. Absolutely terrified of worms, of the earth variety mainly, I can't even look at cartoon ones!

13. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

Also terrified of spiders, I get hysterical to the point of tears and sobbing and can't sleep if there is one in the bedroom.
    When I was a student I was writing an essay and went to get a drink, when I returned there was a spider sitting on the notepad. I binned the pad and essay and started over.
    If spiders are found on clothes they have to be put straight in the wash, there is no way I could wear something a spider had touched.
    The plus side of having lots of cats is that they will chase down and scoff spiders.
    My mom is terrified of thunderstorms and used to hide in the pantry when there was one, I love them so phobias are not always passed on.xx

14. Sport22

Sport22 New commenter

Rats and mice for me! [​IMG] Can not even watch them on the tele, if i catch a glimpse i feel faint and very sick! yuck... my worst nightmare. Think this phobia was started when my dad shoved a dead one in my face when i was younger, very nice of him....