1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Philosophy at Birkbeck College

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by delahay, Jun 13, 2011.

1. delahay

delahay New commenter

If any of your students are considering taking Philosophy at university, I thought I would draw your attention to Birkbeck College which is in Bloomsbury, London. It used to only accept mature students but is now taking undergraduates straight from school. It operates a tutorial system which is fantastic for students (one of the complaints about many degree courses is lack of contact time). It has a 5* grading for the department. The degree gained will be a London University one and because it is not yet on any league tables it is pretty unknown.
    I've done my post-grad work there and have had a really positive experience so I though I'd spread the word!

2. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Sounds really good. Why is it so unknown I wonder?

3. delahay

delahay New commenter

I think it's unknown because it's never been open to students straight from school. So it is known to academics and mature students. It was A.C.Grayling's university until he jumped ship to form his own private one. I think it would be a good one to recommend for students who want to study in London. Certainly worth a look.